Apricot Pistachio Chocolate Granola Bars
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup pistachio, pieces
- ½ cup dried apricots, diced
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup almond slivers
- ½ cup brown rice crisp cereal
- 1/3 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 TB butter
- 3 tsp cardamom, grounded OR 1.5 tsp fresh ground cardamom
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix oats, pistachios, almonds, brown rice crisp cereal and 1.5 tsp cardamom in a bowl and spread evenly on a cookie sheet
- Roast for 10-12 minutes, until fragrant
- Remove from oven and let cool. Once cool, return to mixing bowl
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan heat butter, brown sugar and honey until it just reaches a boil. Lower heat and watch closely. The honey mixture should thicken a bit. Remove from heat and let sit until cool and safe to handle
- Add chocolate chips and apricot pieces to oat mixture.
- Using a spatula, pour honey mixture over oat mixture and combine well until all pieces are coated.
- Grease an 8×8 pan or cut parchment paper to fit and place in pan
- Pour oat mixture in pan and pat down to make sure there are no air spaces in the granola mixture
- Bake for 18-22 minutes
- Remove from oven and let rest for a minimum of 2 hours. The granola bars will be very soft when removed from oven, but they will firm as they cool
- *Chocolate may melt when you pour honey mixture to oats, if you want chocolate pieces to maintain shape, let the honey mixture cool until room temperature before adding to oat mixture