Gluten Free Pumpkin Crumble
- 1 cup + 3TB Fonio Flour
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk, room temp
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (butter flavor)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cup very hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium size bowl, combine fonio flour, baking powder, salt, pumpkin spice, vanilla and cinnamon. Make a well in the center and set aside
- In a small bowl, combine pumpkin puree, almond milk, melted coconut oil and maple syrup
- Pour wet ingredients into well of dry ingredients and mix to create a thick, almost crumbly batter.
- Pack into a 8 inch casserole baking dish with high sides
- In a separate bowl stir coconut sugar and pecans and sprinkle/spread over batter evenly.
- Lastly pour hot water over entire dish without stirring and bake for 40 minutes or once the middle is set.
- Cool for 10 minutes and serve with Salted Caramel and Coconut Whip and more pecans.
If you don’t want to make your own salted caramel or coconut whip, you can also try buying them. Click the links to find out which brands I suggest.