Salted Caramel Sauce
- 8 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- Himalayan pink salt, for serving
- Pour boiling water over dates and let soak for a minimum of 1 hour or overnight.
- Drain the dates and reserve the soaking liquid
- TO a blender add dates, coconut nectar, coconut oil, almond butter and vanilla in a blender.
- Blend until completely smooth, if too thick, use the reserved soaking liquid.
- Once blended using a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides, transfer the sauce to a glass storage container and store on the counter for up to 5 days.
- If you choose to store it in the fridge, note that you will have to soften it each time, as it will harden.
- When you serve it, sprinkle Himalayan pink salt on top.