Vegan Chocolate Banana Pancakes
- 1 mashed banana (the older the better)
- 1 banana, sliced (for serving)
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TB coconut oil, melted
- 2 TB coconut sugar
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 scant cup of gluten free all purpose flour (I use Trader Joe’s)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Mash banana in a large mixing bowl
- Whisk in vanilla, coconut sugar, plant-based milk and melted coconut oil
- Once combined, whisk in flour, salt and baking powder
- Mix just until combined, don’t overmix
- Add portioned batter to heated skillet.
- Once it begins to brown around edge and bubble in the middle, add a few chocolate chips to each pancake, just before flipping.
- Flip and finish cooking.
- Serve with more sliced bananas, chocolate chips, roasted pecans, coconut flakes, maple syrup, dash of cinnamon and coconut whipped cream…..or eat it plain as is. Either way is good!