At the age of 8, I worked diligently in school and kept up with my weekly readings so that I could win a complimentary Pizza Hut Personal Pan Supreme Pizza.
I think I won almost every month. There was something about that buttery crispness when you bit into the crust. Each bite was loaded with sausage, ham, onions, bell peppers, olives, rich tomato sauce and mounds of gooey melted cheese. This affair continued on for quite some time. I didn’t think my world could get any better.
Until . . .
I discovered Digiorno’s Pizza as an adult.
For sure I thought that I had struck the lottery!
As time went on, I knew that I would have to make a choice.
between every thing I loved to eat (like pizza) AND my bulging waist line.
If I was going to successfully lose weight, certain food habits would have to go. But not so fast, no one said that I HAD TO GIVE UP PIZZA. I just had to give up the ingredients that caused me to be bloated and over weight. So, I got rid of eating takeout, delivery, processed and packaged foods.
And this Moroccan inspired pizza was born.
In 4 minutes I’ll show you how to do the same.
Moroccan Pizza with Merguez Lamb Sausage and Roasted Veggies
Quick personal pizza with Moroccan and Mediterranean spices, roasted vegetables and merguez sausage
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 30
- ½ onion, chopped
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp Sumac
- 1.5 tsp Victoria’s Gourmet Moroccan Seasoning
- salt to taste
- 2 oz. feta cheese
- 2 TB greek yogurt
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano or 3 tsp fresh oregano
- ¼ cup black olives, chopped
- ¼ cup red and yellow peppers, roasted and chopped
- ¼ cup marinated artichokes, chopped
- ½ lb merguez sausage, crumbled
- 4 Naan
- ver medium heat, sautee onions until softened.
- Add tomatoes, Sumac, Victoria’s Gourmet Moroccan Seasoning and salt to taste.
- Cover with lid, reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add to food processor or bullet and blend until smooth.
- Set aside until ready to assemble pizza.
- Remove casing from merguez sausage and crumble and cook in a heated dry skillet. (The sausage will produce it’s own oil as it cooks.)
- In a small mixing bowl, mix feta cheese, greek yogurt, olive oil and oregano.
- Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix olives, peppers and artichokes.
- Set aside.
- For Pizza Assembly
- Preheat oven to 400
- Spread 2 TB of tomato sauce on Naan.
- Spread 2 TB of feta cheese mixture on top.
- Add merguez sausage crumbles.
- Place pizzas directly on oven rack and bake for 10 minutes or until crust is crisp.
- Top with chopped mixed vegetables and serve.