Coconut Swirl Sweet Potato Cheesecake with Ginger Snap Crus
- 12 oz firm tofu
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese
- 1 ¾ cup sweet potato puree
- 1 cup succanat + 2 TB
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 3 egg replacers
- 1 TB pumpkin spice
- 1 TB cardamom
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tsp cornstarch
- 3 tsp water
- 1 cup ground ginger wafers/cookies/snaps
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 7 TB melted vegan margarine
- Process ginger wafers/cookies in food processor
- Remove from processor and combine with shredded coconut in bowl
- Add melted butter and mix well then press in bottom of 9” spring form pan
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 deg
- Using a food processor process tofu until crumbly, add vegan cream cheese until smooth, add sweet potato puree until well blended. Make sure the mixture is smooth without lumps, before adding the following ingredients.
- Add both sugars, vanilla and spices while continuously mixing
- Add egg replacer while and mix until combined. Pour sweet potato cheesecake mixture into a spring form pan.
- If coconut cream is not softened, microwave for 15 seconds or heat in a small pan until it is soft and creamy. In separate bowl whisk coconut cream and 2 TB succanat until succanat is dissolved.
- Whisk cornstarch and water together in a separate bowl and add to coconut cream mixture until thickened
- Pour cheesecake batter into pan and pour coconut cream on top (should still be liquid) Use a toothpick and swirl until you begin to see cheesecake batter swirled on top.
- Bake at 350 deg for 45 minutes.
- Once finished baking, turn oven off and leave cheesecake in oven with door closed for another 2-4 hours.
- Remove from oven; loosen spring form pan or place cheesecake on a platter and place in refrigerator.