Orange Scented Cherry White Chocolate Cookies
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 8 TB vegan margarine
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk
- 1.34 oz vegan vanilla pudding mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup dried cherries
- 1 TB orange zest (approx. 1 orange)
- Preheat oven to 350 F; lightly grease two large light metal baking sheets.
- Cream vegan margarine, pudding mix and sugar.
- In a steady stream, mix in milk.
- With mixer still on, slowly add 1 cup of the flour and baking powder.
- Mix until well incorporated.
- Mix in the remainder of the flour.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips, cherries and orange zest
- For best results, spoon the dough onto plastic wrap or wax paper and shape and roll into a log, then refrigerate for a minimum of 10 minutes so that you can cut it rather than spooning it; it’s a much easier way to handle sticky cookie dough.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for about 8-11 minutes – until they are just a little browned around the edges.
- Yields approx. 24 cookies (2” diameter)