Gluten Free Pumpkin Crumble
- 1 cup + 3TB Fonio Flour
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk, room temp
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (butter flavor)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cup very hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium size bowl, combine fonio flour, baking powder, salt, pumpkin spice, vanilla and cinnamon. Make a well in the center and set aside
- In a small bowl, combine pumpkin puree, almond milk, melted coconut oil and maple syrup
- Pour wet ingredients into well of dry ingredients and mix to create a thick, almost crumbly batter.
- Pack into a 8 inch casserole baking dish with high sides
- In a separate bowl stir coconut sugar and pecans and sprinkle/spread over batter evenly.
- Lastly pour hot water over entire dish without stirring and bake for 40 minutes or once the middle is set.
- Cool for 10 minutes and serve with Salted Caramel and Coconut Whip and more pecans.