Cherry Guava Cereal Bars
- 2 cup plain pre-mixed granola cereal
- 1 ¼ cup apple cider
- ¾ cup dried cherries
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup butter
- 8 oz. guava paste, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and butter 8×8 baking dish
- In a small saucepan simmer apple cider and cherries, stirring occasionally, until fruits are softened and plump, about 5 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 2 Tablespoons of liquid. Let cool
- Combine 1 ½ cup granola, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut butter with a pastry blender or two knives into mixture until crumbly.
- Pat half of mixture into buttered dish and top with thin slices of guava paste and cherry mixture. *There may be left over guava paste slices, wrap and refrigerate for later use.
- Add remaining ½ cup granola to granola crumb mixture and sprinkle over fruit filling.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool before cutting into bars.