Drunken Strawberry White Chocolate Trifle
- 1 pound cake loaf, cut into ½ inch squares
- 12 oz. white chocolate chopped
- 1 ½ cups whipping cream (12 oz.)
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 vanilla bean
- 3 TB powder sugar
- ½ lb strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 TB rum or more 🙂
- Combine strawberries, sugar and rum in a bowl and let sit for a minimum of 2 hours, preferably overnight
- In a double boiler, combine ¼ cup whipping cream and white chocolate. Stir until melted and smooth.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy.
- Add white chocolate mixture to cream cheese and mix until well combined
- In a separate bowl (preferably with high sides) whip the remaining 1 ¼ cup whipping cream for about 1 minute using an electric mixer.
- Slice the vanilla bean in half and using a knife run the edges along the vanilla bean skin to take out the vanilla. Add it to the whipping cream mixture with the powder sugar
- Continue to beat for 1 more minute or until whipped and fluffy
- Fold in whip cream into white chocolate cream cheese mixture.
- Using a large bowl or individual serving bowls, layer pound cake, white chocolate cream and strawberries repeatedly, ending with strawberries.
- Serve at once or refrigerate until ready to serve.