Avocado Cacao Brownies
- 1 ½ cup avocado cream (see below)
- 1 cup succanat or coconut sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 8 oz. dark cacao bar
- ½ cup vegan margarine
- ½ cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- ¼ cup cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- ½ t baking powder
- ½ t baking soda
- 2 Ener-G egg replacer
- 2 avocados
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk
- Make avocado cream first. Using a food processor, process avocado cream until creamy. If you don’t have a food processor, use a blender, making sure that it is completely smooth. The last thing you want is for people to find green avocado bits in their brownie! Then they’d know the secret!
- Heat oven to 350 deg
- Melt dark cacao bar and vegan margarine in a double boiler
- While melting, sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda in bowl and whisk till combined
- Once chocolate mixture is melted, remove from heat and stir in succanat and agave nectar
- Add chocolate mixture to avocado cream in mixing bowl to form your “wet” ingredients
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well
- Add egg replacer and vanilla and stir till combined
- Pour into greased 9 x 12 pan and bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
I’ve been making this for 10+ years and it never fails.
I typically use Haas Avocadoes for this recipe.