Tacos are easy.
And since your health and time are of the essence.
You should watch this video. It only takes 2 minutes and it’s loaded with YUM and nutrition.
Sweet Potato and Kale Tacos
Quick and easy tacos filled with chili seasoned sweet potatoes and steamed kale.
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 1 cup black beans, already cooked
- 1.5 –2 cups chopped kale
- 1 TB coconut cream
- 1 TB coconut oil or olive oil
- taco seasoning (I use trader joe’s)
- taco shells
- crumbled goat cheese (or any cheese you prefer)
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add potatoes and season generously.
- Cover and let cook for 15 minutes or until softened.
- (The steam created will help soften the sweet potatoes)
- Once potatoes are soft to bite, add chopped kale, coconut cream and a bit more seasoning.
- Cover again, turn down heat to low and let the greens simmer and soften for approx. 5-10 minutes.
- Now is a great time to preheat oven for taco shells (according to package instructions)
- Once greens are softened, remove lid and stir in black beans.
- Let all ingredients cook for another 2 minutes.
- Bake taco shells according to package (usually 2-4 minutes)
- Remove from sweet potato & kale mix from heat and spoon into taco shells.
- Top with crumbled goat cheese or whichever cheese you prefer.