Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats
- 1 cup rice cereal or millet cereal
- 1/3 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, carob chips or cacao nibs
- 3 TB brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Add cereal, chocolate chips/cacao nibs/ carob chips to a large bowl.
- Melt nut butter, brown rice syrup and vanilla in a small pot for approximately 1 minute. The goal is to make it pourable
- Pour nut butter mixture over cereal
- Mix with spatula until it forms one ball
- Using clean, slightly oiled hands, break off pieces and shape into balls or discs. Or flatten into a rectangle shape that can be cut into smaller squares
- Place on nonstick surface (wax paper, parchment paper, silpat mat, etc.) and let rest. May place in freezer for 5 minutes to harden.
- Store in refrigerator or airtight container