Vegan version of Haitian style griot
- 2–20oz cans of green jackfruit, fully rinsed and sectioned
- 1/3 cup Trader Joe’s Organic Smokey BBQ Coconut Aminos
- 4 TB of Haitian style epis or green seasoning(click link for recipe)
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp, scotch bonnet pepper, finely minced
- onion powder, 2 tsp
- garlic powder, 2 tsp
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine all ingredients except salt.
- Taste it first and then add the amount of salt needed to maximize the flavor to your liking.
- Ideally, let this marinate overnight, however if you can’t let it sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Spread evenly on a non-stick roasting pan leaving space in between the pieces so they can crisp.
- Spray with avocado oil and put in oven.
- Cook for 40-45 minutes, and turn pieces over every 10 minutes for even browning and crisping. You may need to continue to spray with avocado oil if you find it looks dry.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately with green plantains, avocado and pikliz.