Cauliflower Rice and Peas (Jamaican Style)
Jamaican style Cauliflower Rice and Peas
- 12 oz cauliflower rice, frozen
- 8 oz brown lentils, cooked
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/5 scotch bonnet (no seeds – literally cut the 1/5 of the pepper and use that slice)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup scallion (diced)
- 1 TB fresh thyme leaves
- 1 TB green seasoning (in lieu of garlic, scallion, thyme)
- salt to taste
- 2 TB coconut oil
- Blend garlic cloves, scallion, thyme, coconut milk and scotch bonnet
- Blend coconut milk, green seasoning and scotch bonnet (if green seasoning does not already have pepper in it)
- Heat a skillet and warm up oil
- Add cauliflower rice and make sure it’s in an even layer. Allow it to toast over medium heat.
- During this time, the cauliflower should be “drying” out. You will see a lot of steam, this is the moisture evaporating.
- Once you see that the cauliflower is a bit “dryer” and toasted add the lentils and mix to make sure there is no visible moisture.
- Now add coconut milk seasoning blend, reduce heat and do not cover.
- Let simmer until cauliflower takes on the flavor and most liquid evaporates.
- Remove from heat and enjoy.
Looks beautiful served in Red, Green and Yellow Pepper Bowls 🙂