Butternut Squash Gnocchi with Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce *Vegan + Gluten Free
A lightly tangy, creamy, chewey vegan and gluten-free gnocchi that’s perfect for lunch or dinner!
For the Butternut Squash Gnocchi
- 3/4 cup butternut squash, roasted and mashed
- 1/2 cup all purpose gluten free flour (I used Trader Joe’s)
- 1/3 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 TB Herbs de Provence
- an intuitive amount of salt and pepper
For the Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce
- 1.5 cups water
- 10 garlic cloves
- 2 TB coconut cream
- 1 TB arrowroot powder
- 2 tsp water
- an intuitive squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- an intuitive dash of salt
For the Gnocchi
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and combine and knead until it becomes dough (luckily this step comes together rather quickly)
- Once dough is formed, roll into a long, thin log shape and cut into 1/2″ bite size pieces
- Now grab a pot and boil some water (enough for the gnocchi).
- Once the pot comes to a rolling boil, place about 5-10 pieces of gnocchi (make sure it’s not overcrowded).
- Once the gnocchi floats to the top, it’s done and can be removed and drained.
- Repeat until all are finished.
- Warm some oil in a skillet and gently pan fry your gnocchi. (Notice, I didn’t say deep fry, we don’t want to submerge this in oil, we just want to get a nice crisp on all sides!)
- Once finished, set aside and prepare sauce.
For your Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce
- Blend water, garlic and coconut cream until smooth.
- Once blended, add to a pot and let simmer (enough of the garlic kick to die down).
- Make a slurry by mixing arrowroot powder and water.
- Gently pour this into your simmering sauce and stir gently.
- Within seconds you will see your sauce begin to thicken.
- Remove from heat and add your lemon juice and salt to taste
- Mix sauce with gnocchi and other roasted veggies and/or greens and serve!