I didn’t lose 57 pounds on my own.
I prayed about it.
But not in a “get down on my knees, clasp my hands, church-ey type of way”.
It was more like a “get in the kitchen, meditate with my ingredients and cook with love” type of way
I started choosing ingredients that actually loved and gave back to my body.
I broke up with the foods that didn’t.
Here’s one of the recipes that helped me shrink from a size 12 to a size 2.Print
Kale & Heirloom Tomato Frittata
A quick Italian style omelette perfect for brunch!
- 4 free-range, organic eggs, seasoned and beaten
- 1 cup of chopped organic kale
- ½ cup of diced organic heirloom tomatoes
- goat cheese for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Over a medium fire, drizzle a little olive oil in 8″ cast iron skillet or oven safe pan and add kale.
- Sautee kale until slightly softened.
- Lower heat and add tomatoes and beaten egg.
- Cook for 4 minutes on stove to let bottom set.
- Remove from fire immediately and place in hot oven. Cook for another 4-5 minutes until the top is set and golden brown.
- Garnish with goat cheese, cut in wedges and serve with a small salad.