Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk
- 2 TB vegan margarine
- ¾ – 1 cup powder sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare muffin pan
- In a large bowl, whisk together the non-dairy milk and apple cider vinegar. Let rest for approx. 2 minutes.
- While the milk mixture is curdling, mix the flour, cocoa and baking soda in a separate bowl.
- Add sugar and oil to the milk mixture and blend until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in two batches and blend until no large lumps remain
- Fill muffin molds at least ¾ full and bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- While cupcakes are baking, prepare frosting.
- In a small saucepan combine cacao powder, non-dairy milk and vegan margarine while whisking constantly.
- Once fully combined and smooth, remove from heat and pour into mixing bowl. Let cool
- Once cooled, add powdered sugar slowly while beating.
- Dip cupcake domes into frosting or spoon over cupcakes and serve.