Got kale? Mango? Fonio?
It’s an ancient, nutrient dense grain from West Africa that gives this salad it’s heartiness.
This salad wants nothing and is complete on it’s own as a meal 🙂
Kale, Mango, Fonio Salad with Moringa Ginger Viniagrette
A light, springy, summer salad made with power plants!
- 4 cups kale, shredded or minced
- 1 package of Yolele Fonio, Yassa flavor
- 2 cucumber, diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup cilantro, leaves loosely packed
- 1 cup olive oil, good quality
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 1 TB mustard dijon
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 packets of Guaman Infusions Ginger Moringa Tea
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Prepare according to package directions.
- Set aside
- Add all ingredients for vinaigrette into a clean, sterilized jar and shake or whisk vigorously until combined.
- Set aside
- Massage kale greens with 1/2 of the Moringa Ginger Viniagrette, until the leaves are properly dressed and well seasoned. The kale greens will soften from this process. You may add a bit more viniagrette if you need, but I found 1/2 of the dressing was enough. I stored the rest in the fridge for future use.
- Mix in cooked fonio
- And then add cucumber, tomatoes and mangoes.
- Lastly toss in cilantro.
If you are a meat eater, this salad will pair nicely with a piece of roasted sustainably caught, wild fish!