Experiencing fibroids has drastically changed my diet. Even after my fibroids are gone, I won’t ever go back to eating like I used to. (with wild abandon and no concern for what went into my mouth…..other than it tasting good)
Eggs was one of those foods that I ate regularly. If it wasn’t with breakfast then it was baked into cakes, cookies or brownies.
I thought an egg, was an egg, was an egg.
Once I started experiencing pain after consumption, I did some research and realized that all eggs are not created equal. I get into the rabbit hole of that in the video.
As with all things, just because I learned this, didn’t mean I wanted to give up eggs though . . . so I got into the kitchen and came up with a vegan scramble that promotes health rather than take it away.
Vegan Egg Scramble
Vegan Egg Scramble made from Pumpkin Seeds and Ackee
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds, soaked
- 1 tin of ackee
- kala namak salt
- coconut oil
- veggie mix ins (red bell pepper, purple onion, green onions)
- Rinse your ackee and drain
- Add your soaked pumpkin seeds to a blender and add just enough water to cover them.
- Add a pinch of turmeric for color and a pinch of kala namak salt for taste. A little goes a loooong way for both of these seasonings.
- Blend until it is completely liquid.
- To a medium heated non-stick skillet add a little oil and pour in your liquid pumpkin seed mix.
- Let it rest and cook slowly. Don’t stir nor scramble. Over time, you will see the liquid begin to evaporate and the mixture thicken.
- Once it thickens with about 20% of liquid left, begin to use a wooden spatula and scramble until it resembles the texture you want.
- Lower your heat, add in your drained ackee and begin breaking up into smaller pieces using wooden spatula until it resembles a full scramble.
- Add in your veggie mix-ins and serve with avocado slices, vegan bacon or avocado toast.
Stay present with this dish. Don’t dump in a pan and run off. Just like scrambled eggs, you need to be present while it cooks.