If you’ve been considering giving up dairy for a while but still haven’t fully made the change . . . . I have a recipe and a message that may convince you to make the changes sooner than later.
At the time of writing this, I am experiencing fibroids. Sometimes it’s painful. Most times it’s heavy and causes me bloat and constipation.
But I refuse to live with this and am detoxing them out of my system. When I found out that dairy was a major contributor to this feeling, I began eliminating it. Little by little. Replacement by replacement.
Milk, yogurt and ice-cream were easy . . . cheese and butter, not so much. I tried a ton of vegan options on the market and non seemed to hit the spot. They reminded me more of margarine than they did of that cultured taste that I grew up on. That is until I came across this creamy, spreadable, meltable butter that reminds me of the rich European butter I grew up eating as a child in Rotterdam.
It’s easy to make and comes together with 5 ingredients in less than 10 minutes! Stores in the fridge for up to 2 weeks and in the freezer for up to 6 weeks.
How To Make Vegan Butter that MELTS!
Creamy. Spreadable. Melts.
- 4 TB almond meal
- 5 TB almond milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ACV
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1/2 cup room temp melted coconut oil
- pinch of turmeric for color
- Using a high powered blender, blend the first 4 ingredients until smooth
- With the blender still on, stream in the olive and coconut oils
- At this point you should have a creamy whitefish cream colored batter. With the blender still on, add a pinch of turmeric (little by little until you achieve the color you desire)
- Pour into clean, sterilized glass containers or a butter dish or an ice trays (if you plan to freeze TB sized portions immediately)
- Place in fridge until firm and ready for use
- Place in freezer for later use.