I’ve been practicing #MindfulEating for about 6 years. Sometimes I want to not give a damn and just eat as I please.
Today God had other plans. 🤷🏾♀️ Peep how Universe intervened….
I went to Trader Joe’s to buy their #DeepDishChocolateChipCookie….if you’ve ever had it, then you know its crack in delicious form.
Would you know that they were randomly closed due to unforeseen circumstances on a Wednesday at 6:30pm. 😑
So my cookie craving and I go home and whip up something mindfully decadent.😋
I didnt use a recipe focused on exact measurements because I trust Spirit to tell me how much and when. 🌟When the divine lives in your kitchen measuring tools loose their appeal …. so I honed in with love and my God given senses…..and listened in. Almond flour, baking soda, vanilla powder, coconut sugar, macadamia nut milk, melted vegan butter and ground chia seeds made this magic happen. Its #vegan and #glutenfree because my body likes it better that way 😉
But for those of you who are like, Shelley please give me a recipe.
Here you go . . .Print
Skillet Chocolate Cookie for 1 (Vegan and Gluten-Free)
Warm, crispy on outside, slightly gooey and chewey on the inside chocolate chip cookie that happens to be vegan and gluten-free
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 TB coconut sugar
- 1.5 TB plant-based milk
- 1.5 TB melted vegan butter
- 1/2 tsp ground chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- nuff chocolate chips
- nuff pecan pieces
- Remember this cookie is part measurement part vibe.
- I know baking is supposed to be exact…..but this cookie requires you be present rather than prescriptive.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray or rub 4″ cast iron skillet with coconut oil and place in oven while preparing cookie dough
- Once cookie dough is ready, remove heated skillet from oven and push and shape dough into hot skillet
- Put skillet back in oven and bake for 20 minutes. (If I were you, I’d check at 15 minutes, because everyone’s ovens are different)
If you find your batter to be too wet, add a bit more flour or less liquid.