Orange Spiced Pumpkin French Toast with Caramelized Pumpkin Seeds
Perfect for Fall mornings!
- 8 slices of thick cut bread, (preferably challah)
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds, raw
- 1 TB sugar
- 1 TB brown sugar
- ½ TB orange zest
- ½ TB butter
- ½ tsp pumpkin spice
- In a small saucepot, melt butter and brown sugar on medium heat. Once melted, whisk in raw pumpkin seeds until completely covered. Immediately transfer pumpkin seeds to a non-stick surface and let cool until ready to serve.
- In a small, shallow bowl or dish, whisk pumpkin puree, almond milk, orange zest, sugar and pumpkin spice.
- Dip each bread slice in the mixture, making sure to coat both sides.
- Pan fry bread on each side on medium heat for a minimum of 2-3 minutes each or until lightly browned.
- Serve with warm maple syrup, coconut butter and toasted pumpkin seeds.